2010年8月19日星期四

Something to Ponder...

Yesterday, I attended a company training. Well, is called training, but it is a typical brainwashing seminar, to make sure employee will self-motivate, work harder and don't blame their boss if they don't have any self-development. :p

Haha, fortunate enough, the instructor is not bad, he is funny, make a boring topics into kind of interesting (at least I'm not falling asleep :). Besides, I did gain something from this "training", it did somehow enlighten me.

Let me share now. For a person who have been in a same position for a long time (means doing a same job for few years), he/she should try to do things better, challenging themselves. Unless he/she like the routine job so much, wake up every morning, feeling happy to do the same old things. then is fine because he/she is happy. But if this is not the case, then he/she should consider job-rotating and even internal transfer (But 1st of all, this person should have train up the skills needed for the other job). If that is not happening too, FIND a NEW JOB, haha (of course, the "new job" thing is from me, the instructor will not want the attendees resigning after attended his class, haha)

The instructor also mention that what we are doing should be something that could be listed into our resume. That's why when we are having our development plan or setting our objectives, it must meet SMARTR (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound, Real-work). Good point!

In the training, a manager is sharing her thought with us. She talked about the right attitude and positive thinking, which I really agree. However, there is one thing I ponder. She asked have you ever think about how your 80 years old birthday party will look like? She said what you want to see in the future, you should start to prepare now because what we do now will be refelcted in the future. I kind of agree and not agree.

Frankly speaking, I don't have any image of my 80 years old birthday party, is too far away! Would it mean, if I hope I got a husband, kids, grandchildren at my birthday party, I should get somebody to get married now!!?? No way. Should I image that my 80 years old birthday party full with friends only, because I'm single now?? I can't even imagine what will I be in 20 years time, 10 years and even 5 years time, not to mention 80 years old birthday party!! However, I know what I don't want to be. I will make necessary changes to make sure I don't become what I don't want to be, in 5 years, 10 years and 20 years, hehe. 活在当下,最重要!

2 条评论:

Kelly Goh 说...

i heard about this too, and my understanding is a bit different from yours for the 80th birthdayparty. For eg, if I wish to be rich and having the party in the big bangalo or big ship, then i know i have to do something to make more money, not continue to work for other. Or if i imagine myself and my family clebrating together with in a small but very nice house, meaning i put more emphasize on family value and hence i must not be workaholic and spent more time with my family...Doesnt necessary be in your 80 years old, but really waht u want in future u need to start doing it now :)

**Shih Nyien** 说...

After writing this post, I think about it again. Maybe the message behind is like what you say "what u want in future u need to start doing it now", the image of 80years old bday is just a way to make me think about it :D