2010年6月22日星期二

Durian Fiesta 2010

I am a durian fans. When I was in Penang, during durian season, all of us, the durian kakis, have durian almost every weekend. Sometimes, durian was my dinner, haha crazy right? Sigh, kind of missed those days :)

After move to Singapore, those become memories, I'm craving for ang hea (红虾) every year, hehe. Actually, a lot of my friends had told me that, durian dessert in Goodwood Park Hotel is the best in Singapore, I should give a try.

This year, my aunt who is also a durian fans, decide to celebrate her birthday with durian fiesta, hehe, is a good choice, no doubt :)

Besides durian desserts, we ordered cappucino and latte, let's take a look.

What do you think? Nicely serve right? The most special is brown sugar stick. I thought using brown sugar is also something unique about them, then I realise they served (ordinary) sugar stick also, haha, to kids :)

Ok, back to durian desserts:

1) Durian Mousse Cake ($8.50/slice)

This is the legendary durian mousse cake, we must give a try, don't you think so? Well, is kind of disappointed, as the durian paste is not rich enough. But the cake is nice, soft and melt in my mouth. Take a look at the picture, those cubes on top are cakes :)

2) Mini Durianmisu ($4.80)

Combination of durian and tiramisu, no worry, this is a no alcohol version. Chef is professional, of course he knows durian and alcohol is not a good combination :) If you think the strong durian taste will cover the coffee taste, then you are wrong. These two flavour mix along so well, such a great combination :)

3) Durian Puff ($2.20)

The signature durian puff, yes, this is the best. Creamy and rich, remind me of ang hea, yum yum. I love this so much, that's why this is an all time favourite. Those who love strong durian, like me, must give it a try! An advice from me, take the durian puff as your last dessert, else make sure, you "clean" your mouth before you take other dessert. If not the strong durian flavour from the puff will mislead you. You might think the other dessert is not as nice. If you happen to order dessert as what we did, you can consider having them according to the order I introduce them, hehe, this can make sure you get the real taste :)

If you notice, some of the pictures are not taken by me. Yup, I totally forgot about taking picture when the desserts were served, haha, so I dig some photo from the web :p Beside the dessert, we ordered a chicken masala pie as well. It costed us $4 but its really worth the price. It was not too spicy, chicken were tender and pastry were crispy. A salty dish after sweet desserts is always a good choice :)

If you interested to know more, visit this website:
http://www.goodwoodparkhotel.com/promotion-dining.htm

2 条评论:

soo sean 说...

Oh, not to make you feel bad, but I just had a durian party on Monday. And can't have enough of it. Will definitely go and grab more.... When are you coming to Penang?

**Shih Nyien** 说...

Did you try ang hea? How is the quality this year? Where do u have it? I will be at Penang on Jul, but this year I will pass durian :) Btw, you look gorgeous in the wedding :D