2009年3月14日星期六

Bus Service 171 (1)

Until now I never complain about Singapore transportation, because is really much better than Malaysia. ~15mins waiting time and the punctuality is +/-5mins. Good enough right?
But recently I wrote a complain letter, because I waited more than 25mins, somebody else waited 40mins, and this is not the 1st time, so I write the letter. Surprisingly, nobody replied me after waiting for few days. Then I made a conclusion, every country is the same. The feedback link in the website is just meant to complete the format of a website.

I attached the letter as below.
But the peak of this matter is, I got a response recently, I will attached the letter too, then you know why I say PEAK!

-----Original Message-----
From: lee shih nyien [mailto:sn_lee@yahoo.com]
Sent: 12/02/2009 09:47
To: SMRT Corporate Communications
Subject: Feedback about Punctuality of Bus 171

To Whom who concern,

I'm a regular bus 171 passenger, take this bus everyday during weekday.
Recently, the punctuality of this bus is getting worst.
The waiting time is at least 15mins. All this happen after SMRT change the old bus with new bus.

I really appreacite that SMRT upgrading their bus to a newer one. Although its not really more spacious but at least the passenger no need to worry that the bus breakdown half way.
During the transistion time from old bus to new bus, the waiting time actually improve to 10mins, but it become worst when all the old bus is eliminated.

Today I have the worst experience.
Not even single bus apprear after I waited from 7.25am until 7.50am. 25mins of waiting time and this is the peak periods where everybody is rushing to work!!!I over heard a conversation of a passenger that take the same bus with me. He has been waiting since 7.10am! So the waiting time is 40mins, is this acceptable?? You can image how packed in this bus with this kind of delay. I got into the bus at Bukit Panjang Plaza bus stop, and the bus already full!! There are another 4 bus stops before the bus leaving Bukit Panjang to Yishun, image how worried for a passenger that cannot get into the bus!?
Is this kind of "improvement" that we are talking about? I remember that somebody did mention that waiting time should be decrease to 10mins, what happen now?
The worst things is when I alight at North Point bus stop, I see another bus 171 right behind and the number of passenger inside is so much lesser. I always wonder, shouldn't SMRT setup some kind of communication system between bus driver of same number. For example in this kind of situation, the bus driver can inform the passenger that there is another bus coming 5mins later, instead of just asking the passenger to "move inside" "move inside"

I really hope that you can look into this and improve the service. I think the punctuality in Japan and Hong Kong are really good examples.

Thank you.

regrads,
SN

没有评论: